And once again it's back to Bakersfield, California, where Gregory Porter was raised together with seven siblings, and where his mother Ruth's Nat King Cole record collection awakened his love of music. "Sing, baby, sing", she told him. Gregory Porter stands in life like a tree whose roots are everything. His cultural awareness reaches far and wide. There’re the musical influences: Nina Simone, Leon Thomas, the Bakersfield Southern Gospel sound, Motown, jazz. And there's the racial discrimination. He was discovered in the jazz clubs of San Diego. The musician with the unmistakable baritone has catapulted jazz singing back onto the international stage. His Grammy-winning albums Liquid Spirit and Take Me to the Alley from 2013 and 2016 reached the top ten in the UK, France, Germany, Switzerland and many other European countries.
The ticket for Zermatt Unplugged is valid for the concert on the Marquee Stage on Saturday 13th april 2024 – Gregory Porter.
This exclusive Zermatt Unplugged Package includes:
- Concert ticket (Gregory Porter)
- Unplugged Pass (valid for the entire duration of the festival, 9 - 13 April 2024)
Take the chance to leave everyday life behind and relax in one of Zermatt’s hotels or holiday flats. Immerse yourself in another world and soak up the festival atmosphere.
Information about the artists and the festival programme:
- Cancellation/change of the accommodation booking can only be guaranteed in exceptional cases and on request
- By booking Zermatt Unplugged products, the GTC of Zermatt Unplugged are also applicable. This applies in particular to cancellations/exchanges/sales of the concert ticket(s) and/or other products. If you book a packaged offer, the General Terms and Conditions of Contract and Travel of Zermatt Tourismus and, in addition, the GTC of Zermatt Unplugged apply. In case of contradictions, the GTC of Zermatt Tourismus take precedence.
- Extras such as half-board, massages etc are to be booked directly with the accommodation.